Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Baseball with my bible study girls

Tonight was the last night with 'my' bible study girls. Instead of bowling, we celebrated by going to a Georgia Tech vs. UGA baseball game that was being held at the Atlanta Braves Turner Field stadium. Seriously - who wouldn't want to be there - state rivalries, Turner field, a beautiful night, and your girlfriends. To disclose something most don't know about me, I love baseball. I was raised on the Atlanta Braves, and my heart is just attached.
There was a wee little girl baby right behind me, and my attention was happily distracted by intermittently turning around and staring at her. She was the cutest thing...By the time the seventh inning rolled around, our pitiful 9-5 score had me a little bored. Not to worry, they play music during the inning changes. Ashamedly, I'm the one who has to get up and dance. It's not because I think I'm cool, or desire the attention. But I've been dancing since I was 2, so if there are tunes, I'll be there. One of my girls decided to join me, so we woke my section up a little bit :) We partied on innocently until they flashed us on the big screen. No worries though - I had my gigantic shades on (even though it was dark at that point) as a disguise and was allowed to continue doing the 'twist' for all of my embarrassment. Oh well - we had sweet fun and joy in the Lord. Can't believe I'm having to say goodbye to these girls who have made me love Him more. "I thank my God in remembrance of you, always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all, in view of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now.



1 comment:

Jenny Fleming said...

So about the baseball game... GO DAWGS! 10-7!!!

I love you Shelly.